Sunday, November 29, 2009

Power Shoulders: Yay or Nay?

Balmain definitely brought back the "power shoulder" look that I've been lusting over BUT I don't know if I can rock it. One thing's for sure, I am not gonna spend my hard earned $$$$ on the real deal. $4000 for a blazer? C'mon!!!! Thanks to eBay and Korean Fashion Stores, average girl like me can grab some *Balmain-inspired jackets/blazers at an affordable price (Buy it Now Price = $60+) to sport the look...
*NOTE: All Balmain-inspired jackets/blazers mentioned can be found on eBay by typing the following keywords on the search field:
  • balmain
  • power shoulder
  • strong shoulder
CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
I purchased the 1st one (black) and since it's coming from Korea, I would have to wait 15-20 days to get it. I hope it fits perfectly. I wanted the studded white but I don't want the strong shoulder look on it. I also think I can stud it better using bigger hotfix square silver studs so I bought the XOXO white boyfriend blazer on sale from Macy's. I love the fitting of XOXO blazers on me. That will be my next DIY project. I'm excited ;)
CLICK PHOTO TO ENLARGE Here are some photos of celebs spotted wearing the Balmain blazers that I like... CLICK PHOTO TO ENLARGE Vids of the fashion shows... So what do you think? Would you wear something like this? Have a great week ahead!!! ***

7 comments:

Edna said...

Bringing back the 80s! It looks really nice on slim girls. I don't think I can ever rock the look, even though I'm petite, I have broad shoulders! can't wait to see you and your new blazer!

Jasmin said...

Cute! I actually like it.. Not sure if I can pull it off, but I hope so & will try.

Unknown said...

soooo cute! I bet it would look great on you.

Angel said...

im DESPERATELY BEGGING you to do a tutorial on how to stud clothes up!! PLEASEEE!!! OMGAD PLEASEE!!!

Phoebe Limanta said...

oh my gosh they looks so good on the models, but i would look totally retarded in them cause i have really broad shoulders! :P

Carine said...

Actually, I prefer the korean ones over the Balmain's ! I would look totally stupid with that, but the models perfectly rock it !

chrom said...

Look for your favorite T-shirt, it can be loose-fitting, your basic tee, sweater, or even an old shirt for an edgier look. For this I will be using a loose shirt, so I can create a more casual, laid back look.