Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hiking @ the Hollywood Sign


My friends and I are having this weight loss challenge and whoever sheds the most pounds by May 25th wins $300! Only four of us competing (2 guys and 2 ladies) so I really gotta bring it on LOL! I have to stay focused and be serious with it this time! With that said, I've been physically active and lately into hiking.  I'm not the outdoorsy type of girl but I've always been fascinated with the beauty of nature.  I can deal with hiking but not camping! I can't stand creepy crawlers and being bathroom-less (porta-potty doesn't count)! My very first experience of hiking was at one of the trails near the Griffith Park Observatory.  I seriously thought I was going to pass out that time!  Maybe because we didn't warm up and I wasn't exercising at all.  It's a great feeling tho after reaching to the top.

Last Friday, we hiked the famous Hollywood Sign via Hollyridge trail.

Click here for the driving directions.

Click here for the illustrated trail map.


Check out some of our pics...



Start here...


This is the closest we can get to the sign because it's restricted
.

View of Hollywood Reservoir from top


I dunno what this is but it looks like a nest


It was almost an hour hike one way so we jogged going down to cut the time short.  Soreness the very next day! I could use a full body massage right now.  I guess I need to do hiking more often so my body can adjust to it.  My bf offered to buy me a treadmill for my birthday.  I've been wanting to get one so I can workout at home and just use the incline feature to simulate hiking and burn more calories.

I wanna get toning shoes for a firmer behind.  Maybe a Reebok EasyTone but I couldn't decide what color to get.

Here is some info about toning shoes:


Anyhoo, wish me luck my luvlies so I can get fit and win that moolah at the same time!

***

4 comments:

giang said...

that looks like soooo much fun! i had no idea there was a trail that leads to that! and that weight loss challenge sounds amazing! do your thing, girl! i hope you win that 300 buckeroos! :)

Edna said...

Looks like fun. :) Good luck on the contest!!

Mona said...

taht's so neat!

noone said...

ohh cool! I've seen the signs but never gond hiking around there. that is really neat!