Sunday, May 23, 2010

"Chicago" hits L.A. (Pantages Theatre)



First things first, big "thank you" for all the birthday greetings.  I apologize for this is a late post.  Their L.A. stint already ended but I still want to share this experience.  My co-worker gave us tickets to the show for my birthday.  I loved the movie so I was really excited for this. Obviously, stage play is different from the movie but I still can't help but compare.  Michelle Williams (former Destiny's Child member) played the part of "Roxie Hart" which was portrayed by Renee Zellweger in the movie.  In my opinion, although a great singer, her acting is just okay.  The one who really impressed me is Terra MacLeod as "Velma Kelly" played by Catherine Zeta-Jones in the movie.  The costumes and the choreography are super sexy.  The dancers have gorgeous bods and can definitely move!  How I wish to be that flexible to do those splits!  Oh to be skinny - that's my dream!  The supporting characters are powerful singers as well.  I also liked Tom Riis Farrell who played "Amos Hart" who seemed to be the crowd favorite and added comic relief to the musical.  There was also a surprise on "Mary Sunshine's" character that's worth watching.  It's a good musical overall...but "Dreamgirls" is still on top of my list.

Terra and Michelle in character:

VS

Catherine and Renee


 

Here's one of my favorite scenes from the movie:

They both reached for the gun:



Check out this vid if your curious how Michelle Williams did as Roxie Hart...


 
Some pics taken...



 Next musical I'm gonna see this June is "South Pacific"

***

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hey there! im really enjoing your blog. Hope you could follow me as well! im a happy follower of yours as well! thanks

kim