Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dreamgirls in LA


Watched DREAMGIRLS last Saturday at the Ahmanson Theatre. This is by far the best production I've seen. Their performances were superb! The costumes and the high tech set are breathtakingly beautiful! I was in awe watching them sing and dance. Watching it live is so much better! My fave parts were when they sang "Steppin to the Bad Side," "And I Am Tellin You (I almost cried) and their own version of "Listen."

Sneak Peaks from youtube:




MY FAVE CHARACTERS
FROM THE SHOW

Patrice Covington
as Effie White She was only the sub-Effie but boy was I glad she performed that day instead the other girl! She was amazing. I became an instant fan! Syesha Mercado as Deena Jones You'll remember her as the 2nd runner-up on American Idol Season 7. Chaz Lamar Shepherd as Curtis Taylor, Jr. I didn't know he can sing. He co-starred in many TV shows such as 7th Heaven, The Parkers, and The Game). He also played Harpo in Broadways' Color Purple. Chester Gregory as James "Thunder" Early He made the show super fun! Award-winning actor/performer/singer/songwriter.

More pics:


Outside while waiting for the show to start The stage The Cast Dreamgirl Wannabe Look what I've found! Korean Dreamgirls! Coool!
***

No comments: