Saw the WEST SIDE STORY Musical at the Pantages Theater couple weeks ago.
I know it's not good to compare it with the movie but I can't help it. I liked the movie better.
Here is the musical trailer:
ME NO LIKEY:
1) The order of the songs COOL and OFFICER KRUPKE was switched. Somebody said that it was the original Broadway order and that the movie switched it. Well, I like the order of the movie more because COOL seemed to be approriate after someone died instead of OFFICER KRUPKE where they are goofing around.
2) I also wished the guys participated in AMERICA number - it would have been more fun.
3) They added some SPANISH lines which I couldn't understand.
1) The cast have AMAZING vocals. My fave was their TONIGHT ENSEMBLE version.
2) I'm glad they kept the Jerome Robbin's dance choreo. I heard he was a slave driver in the movie that's why they kicked him out, but they brought him back after it won several OSCARS. He was a dance genius!
MORE PHOTOS OF ME...
Here is a funny clip of Will Ferrell doin a West Side Story number...